Truck Accident Attorneys
Truck Accident Attorneys
Trucks, semi-trucks, big rigs, and tractor-trailers are huge, heavy, and dangerous. When they collide with other vehicles or pedestrians, they cause massive amounts of damage. The result is often catastrophic personal injury or wrongful death. If you or a loved one have been injured by a truck or tractor trailer, then you probably have a legal claim. Usually the claim will be filed against the trucking companies that own the truck and rigs, not the actual driver. There are many issues of federal and state law that affect which parties we can pursue for compensation. We have the experience and results to pursue your case and we offer a free consultation to discuss your options. Not all truck accident attorneys are the same. Contact us and see what we can do for you.
Trucking Accident Causes
As with all personal injury lawsuits, we will need to prove that the truck driver caused the collision by breaking a traffic rule, for instance in striking a vehicle from behind. We will then show why they broke the traffic rule. This can include the driver’s negligence or a truck failure. Some examples of the types of driver and truck failure that can lead to truck accidents are:
- Lack of truck driver experience
- Tired and distracted drivers
- Failure of truck company to properly supervise, train, or hire truck drivers
- Failure to obey traffic rules
- Improperly operating trucks
- Failing to properly service and maintain the truck and its parts
- Trucks that don’t meet regulations
- Defective equipment
- Defective roadways
- Improperly loaded trucks
- Unreasonable schedules
We will seek to bring in as many defendants as possible to get you the most financial compensation for your loss. This may include the driver, owner of the truck, employer of the driver, owner of the trucking company, manufacturer of the truck and rigs, government agencies, and all of their respective insurance companies. We will also help you make your claim on your own insurance.
How can a Truck Accident Attorney help?
The trucking company and its insurers will do everything they can to minimize your claim and recovery. If you are not careful, they will be able to limit how much money you receive for your injuries. We understand how to investigate the truck accident and gather the necessary evidence to make your claim as strong as possible. We have access to the best experts to help prove your claim to the insurers and, if necessary at trial. We also know how to navigate the complicated interplay of state and federal laws and regulations that govern trucking. Some of the services we will provide include:
- Handle all communications with defendant attorneys and insurers
- Interview witnesses
- Review police and governmental reports of the accident
- Retain and consult experts to reconstruct the accident and examine the vehicles
- Insure that truck data is preserved for lawsuit
- Compile and analyze medical records
- Make claims on insurance and negotiate settlement
- Take case to trial if necessary
Wrongful Death Truck Accident Claims
Because trucks are so much larger than normal passenger vehicles, collisions with trucks often lead to serious personal injury or death. If your family member or loved one was killed by a truck, then we can bring a wrongful death action to help you recover for loss of support and consortium and possibly punitive damages.
Compensation for Truck Accidents
As with other auto accident cases, truck accident lawsuits allow you to recover for your losses and harms. These include:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages and Earning Capacity
- Pain and Suffering
- Mental Trauma and Anguish
- Punitive damages if the defendant’s actions were willful, malicious, or intentional
The Law Offices of Eric W. Kem, P.A. handles truck accident cases for people throughout Florida and California. We will fight to get you full compensation for your injuries.